Launched in 2008, Dropbox has been a reliable source of hosting various services. It was developed to provide its users access to their documents and files saved in their profile over the internet. They can access their files anywhere, at any given time if they have internet access.
When the users use Dropbox, they pretty much have access to their files and documents as long as they have an internet connection. This makes it easy for them to access and send the documents that are stored in the Dropbox. People can share work reports, collaborate while sending important files with colleagues and simply send their files across the internet.
Now, Dropbox can be integrated with multiple applications and third-party platforms on the Web. By this integration, the users can have more possibilities with their files, such as the capability to send them as a fax via XenFax, without the requirement for a fax machine. Here, we will determine how to do it using Gmail, the largest email provider in the World, and online fax services from XenFax.
Earlier, you needed to download a file from Dropbox to send your documents from your mail account. But now, this process has been cut down to just selecting “compose action” from the menu and pulling your desired file from the Dropbox menu. This is possible only if your Dropbox is integrated with your Gmail account.
You can simply integrate your Dropbox and Gmail by adding Dropbox as a Google add-on. Follow these steps to integrate:
- Go to G Suite marketplace and install the Dropbox add-on.
- Authorize and link your Gmail and Dropbox account.
- Go to your Gmail account, there you will see the “compose action” option from which you can pull out your files and attach it to your Emails.
This process can be avoided when you choose to send faxes via online faxing services that are more secure and reliable than these applications concerning the security.
Send a fax from Online faxing solution:
XenFax is an online faxing solution that provides secured faxing via the internet. This type of faxing system has the security of the PSTN faxing where people used fax machine and accessibility of Email broadcasting. This is possible as this faxing system uses fax numbers to send a fax that is transmitted through the internet.
Prerequisites of sending faxes online:
- A reliable internet connection (which every company will clearly have)
- An account with XenFax (create one within 2 minutes)
- Recipient’s fax number (you will obviously have this ready)
- Files you want to share (be it in Dropbox, Google Drive or your personal device)
Steps involved in sending a fax through XenFax:
- Click on the “Inbox” icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Send Fax” button
- Enter the recipient number in the given field
- Click on the “Add” button to add more recipients.
- Now, click on “Upload Files” button to upload the desired fax files
- Users can add Cover Letter to their files by clicking on the “Add Cover Letter” link.
- Click on the “Send” button to send the fax files.
While using the Dropbox integration, you can have a complete potential of sending fax anywhere in the globe through the XenFax mobile application.